This Is What I’ve Been Up To
We bought a house! I’d been holding this in for so long because the process started in May 2020 and came to fruition in September 2020. There were a few times I gave up on moving and then got inspired again as things started to fall into place. Nick kept the faith though and we found the perfect home.
In this episode I just preview our process/journey to purchasing our first home here in the DFW!
Stick around for upcoming episodes if you want to learn more about:
- Budgeting for a new home purchase and long-term planning
- How to effectively look for your new home
- Handling repairs/upgrades: purchasing preowned vs. a new build
- Other considerations and costs they don’t tell you about
- Building your maintenance network
- Supporting Black while purchasing your home
- Leveraging real estate for Black Family wealth